Wednesday, February 1, 2012

How I found my writing call.

    I will tell you how I found my writing call..... This all started about 5 years ago after my dad and step-mom got married. Her name was Kathy but she hated it so every one called her Kat for short. One time she wrote a poem and these publisher saw it and wanted to put it in a card but they wouldn't put her name so she said no. It was great ,Kat and me were closer then ever. I always talked to her about everything from the guys I liked to my friends.

    Well one day I came to talk to her and she was writing in her book of poems. I had to talk to her about my day at school. I forgot what the poem was called but I knew it was going to be good. I had gone through a lot that year and she knew it so did my father.

    So that night before bed around 9 O’clock she started reading me and my brother Chris a poem she had written. I forgot the name but it was about “A little girl and her dad fling to Disneyland and the plain crashed and they both died” it was really sad.

    About 20 minutes after that we got a phone call from my mom. She said “Tell the kid’s papaw Charley just died and that he loved them.” I was really close to him like really close. I was closer to him then most people in my family. I felt hurt, confused, and devastated. I knew he was in a better place because he had cancer but that's not why he died he died because of a blood clot.

    Me and him form the time i was little,went fishing together and he even saved my moms life once. It was when she was younger. My mom was swimming in the lake by there house and he was watching her and he saw snakes coming up he yelled “Christina duck!” she turned back and saw them n’ ducked then he shot them.” I’ve heard that story alot because I go jump in the water and shes scared that it might happened.

    even though he’s dead I still fill like he’s with me no matter what I’m going through. Like if I’m at home crying and I’m alone it feels like hes there trying to make everything okay. Then I was so sad for along time my step-mom said ”Erin baby girl don’t get your self down by what happened, Why don’t you try writing?” I said “Okay but I don’t know what to write about..” Kat said “Write about what you feel about whats in your heart what you think any thing that comes to you.” I went and got paper and a pen and started writing.

    On the paper it said ”A couple of days ago I was very sad because my grandfather died and it hurt to think why did he leave and why did it happen right after I got home from seeing him. I thought he was fine everyone told me he was going to make it then why didn’t he.”  I thought it was my fought. That was a hard month well after that everything started getting better.

    I started writing alot and I became in love with writing. I mainly follow in Kat’s foot steps with poems. I’m about to write a book it’s going to be a children's book but I’m hoping it’s good because it will be my first. I don’t know the name yet it might “The little red fox that lied” I’m not sure though. But anyways this is how I found my writing call.


4 comments:

  1. I can imagine how you felt .. I'm Sorry .
    But I can't wait to read your book ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I'm sure that Kat would be so proud of having such an impact on your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanxs luz n yeah im so lucky to have a mom lie her :D

    ReplyDelete